Vern

From: "Steve Moland" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I've an application that runs a PC program from the AS400 using a number of
methods because customer use different methods of connection.
The PC program calls up a web page based on data unique to an AS400 users
job

Client Access emulation sessions work fine, TN 5250 session don't work at
all.

I thought I would use the STRPCO method as the prototype and then implement
(which I have) a more flexible method using data queues.

I did prototype STRPCO, it worked great the, customers love it. They don't
even mind the little extra PC command line window that opens a second before
the browser screen opens up.

There is a simplistic charm to the STRPCO method. The process knows which
AS400 job is in which PC window without my having to do anything. That is
not true of the data queue method. Without some unique identifying trickery
on the PC to which an AS400 jobs is absolutely tied (which complicates the
begesus out each PC client install) an AS400 request can open a browser on a
PC in another room. It would seem so simple but using IP addresses being
known to both sides of the process falls apart for a number of reasons.

So STRPCO is really a path of very least resistance. The problem (incentive
to use TN 5250) is that a company wide license for TN 5250 is a few hundred
bucks. Some of my customers have hundreds of their own customers who will be
using this and Client Access Licenses are out of the question.

The following works fine with Client Access, but not TN 5250. What doesn't
TN 5250 like about it. This is run from a command line or from within a CL
program. It doesn't fail with an error in TN 5250 it just acts as if it did
it and returns to the command line.

STRPCCMD PCCMD'START
http://c2c.demo.activant.com/ctoc/index.jsp?ID=iY1oLYFAMBHd3SFF9DwpAeGZDGzYBBlUZ
R2FDWREUTUVPOgAA')
PAUSE(*NO)

Any ideas. I can't seem to find any documentation about TN5250 and the
process I'm trying use.

Steve