OK It's not nearly as complicated as one might think.

The input connectors on the power supplies are IEC-C14 the standard for nearly every computer power supply since the dawn of DOS. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_connector ) So you need a pair of power cords that will mate with that connector and that would be the ubiquitous IEC-C13 end.

Now the other end is the business end in this case. You have a 525 which will run on anything from roughly 100 volts up to 240 volts. You don't need to tell the system anything to use the various voltages, just plug it in. It also will run on 50 or 60 cycle (Hz) AC again all automagically. In the US you'll find only 60Hz, in other countries you may find other frequencies. As to current (the AMP rating) that will vary based on the input voltage. Since the power draw of the supplies in VA (Volt Amps) is essentially constant over the voltage range, the higher the V the lower A will be. In addition both power supplies will NOT be drawing full power during normal operation. The two together will draw slightly more than one (there's just more stuff running) but will each draw approximately 1/2 their rated VA in normal operation. If one fails the other then doubles it's load to carry the system.

So you need to find:

A pair of outlets to plug your power cords into.
Determine their voltage.
Divide the voltage into 750W (the max draw of the system) So for 120Volts you get 6.25 Amps full load across two supplies.
Multiply the current rating by 1.33 (Allowing for 25% headroom on the circuit) (Giving 8.3 Amps in the example)
Make sure there is that many amps available on the circuit.
*NOTE* If you use two separate circuits, which is recommended, they must BOTH meet this specification or a power supply failure would overload the remaining circuit.
Find a power cord that will match the outlets on one end and has the IEC-C13 connector on the other end and has a large enough AWG to carry the amperage determined above. One AWG reference is here: http://home.tampabay.rr.com/k4lk/info/wire.htm
(You'll see that for 6.25 Amps you can use as small as a #14 power cord, OK #15 actually but has anyone ever seen a #15 power cord?? :-) )

Plug them in!

One other note: It is possible to run one power supply on 120V and the other on 220V. They do not care, and will independently use either voltage. This complicates your math but I have seen it done where the customer has one 220V UPS unit and one 120V unit and wants redundant UPS supplies to the system.

Here is the IBM reference to your model with all the gory specifications. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/eserver/v1r3s/topic/iphad/f52x.htm#f52x

Hope this helps!

- Larry

ps: To Chad: The L6-30P would not be correct for a server of this size. The L indicates 'Locking' and that is OK, even preferred (by me at least) the '6' indicates 250 Volt and I'm OK for that also, but the 30 is 30 Amps. A power cord of that size is not compatible with the IEC-C13 end as that connector is rated only to 15 Amps. The L6-30s are nearly always used to connect to Rack PDUs.not to individual servers unless you have a 530, 640 or S30 still parked in your datacenter!

franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I will admit absolute confusion over various volt and amp specs.
The older systems (to me in US) were either 120 volt standard wall plug or 208/240 big locking plug. So the Info Center shows me plug & receptacle that say "250V 10 amp" type 26.
The picture looks like a standard 3 prong power cord - what I called "120". This is putting a 525 with redundant power supplies, and 595 expansion, both into a rack with a pdu, which then plugs to the data center floor connections. And they are asking 110v or 220v ????
Also, if each plug into pdu is 10A - do I need a total of 40A circuit ???
No electrician to talk to, just sales...
jim