I'm sure those DBs have their niche applications, but to suggest that a
workhorse like DB2 is dead is kind of a knee-jerk reaction (and it sounds
like self-serving also in the case of that article).

"DeLong, Eric"
<EDeLong@Sallybea
uty.com> To
Sent by: "Midrange Systems Technical
midrange-l-bounce Discussion"
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

09/12/2007 09:45 Subject
AM RE: iSeries blog - Is DB2 Dead?

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

I agree... IMO, these vertical DB vendors have merely optimized the
database engine a bit. It seems more evolutionary than revolutionary....

My amusement comes from the inevitable tide of "converts" who are so ready
to proclaim the demise of DB2 (Oracle, MySQL, etc.) just because.....
Legacy? Bah!

Eric