David, As I recall in V5R2 there were special instruction when applying the last CUMe CD's

In order to prevent the link loader error you hade to load some PTF's BEFORE loading/applying the remainder of the CUMe/HIPER/DB.

Read your instructions that came wit hte PTF's or find there here:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.nsf/ALLPSPBYREL?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Expand=4#4
<snip>
3. STEPs 3 through 5 will assist you in ensuring PTF 5722999-MF35829
a superseding PTF is on your system before proceeding. If it is not
on your system, you will be instructed to load and apply PTF
5722999-MF35829 in a later step. This PTF requires an IPL to apply,
and automatically applies itself permanently during the IPL.

</snip>

Good luck,
Bryan