From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Martin Spencer
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 10:22 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: 5581 (5780) Installation - 2757 Cache Card

Thats great, thanks Pete.

Is it worth also using the option to flush the cache card in DST (Work with Disk Units, Disk Unit Recovery Procedures, then the there is an option in there) or should I leave that well alone and just go with a clean shutdown?

message: 2
date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 07:32:03 -0400
from: "Pete Massiello" <pmassiello-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: 5581 (5780) Installation - 2757 Cache Card

You always want to insure that the machine comes down clean, and I guess the
warnings are that the cache is properly flushed from the existing cards.
That said, I usually do a ENDSBS *ALL first so that everything is ended, and
then do a PWRDWNSYS *CNTRLD with 180 seconds (this is just to make sure
everything is written to disk, and gives system plenty of time to come
down). Then, I just installed the card (usually trying to keep the cards
together) and put the cable from the 4th SCSI port (it's the furthest from
you when u have inserted the card into a 5094 tower) on the card and that is
it.

Can you see your house from the sky? Try Live Search Maps http://maps.live.com