From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Martin Spencer
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 7:04 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 5581 (5780) Installation - 2757 Cache Card

Hi

I will be installing a 5780 Cache card to our systems here to connect to our

current 2757 Raid controller, whch will inturn make it now a feature 5581.

I have completed an LVT and ensured that the card is on the same bus and in
the same partition as the 2757, and also made sure that there is a slot
available to put it in.

Is it just a simple case of powering down the system, installing the cache
card, cabling it to port 4 of the 2757 and then bringing the system back up?

Or should i stop RAID first, then add the card, and then restart RAID across

disks with the cache card?

Also, are there any post installation tasks that I need to do? Things in DST

or System Values that need to be changed to make it work correctly?

I have found a link in InfoCentre, but there are lots of warnings it might
mess up the disks, but no clear installation details?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/eserver/v1r3s/index.jsp?topic=/iphc
d/fc5708.htm

As always, any help is always appreciated.