On 9/6/07, John Taylor <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I find myself in a position where I need to move to the 64bit version of SQL
Server 2005 in order to support a particular application. The problem in
doing so is that the DB2 drivers provided by iSeries Access do not run in a
64 bit process, thus doing so will break all of my SQL reports. I've found
3rd party drivers from Hit Software and Data Direct, but they're too
expensive. For what they charge, I could buy a complete new box and run SQL
in 32bit mode on it.

My question is what are others doing in order to connect to DB2/400 from
within 64bit SQL Server?

check this post John,
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.hiserver.general/msg/e6ef6ff28c0b780b?hl=en&;

the db2 oledb driver built by the host integration server team is
available as a no charge add on to sql server 2005. Theoretically, you
can access the as400 database as an sql server linked database.

something to be aware of re: DRDA access to the as400. Open group drda
access to the as400 database

http://search.opengroup.org/search?q=drda+reference&ie=&site=my_collection&output=xml_no_dtd&client=my_collection&lr=&proxystylesheet=my_collection&submit.x=7&submit.y=6

is not protected by the system's sql exit points. IBM says if you want
to control sql access to your system, dont run the *ddm tcp server.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc/msg/f0c8b00beb386435?hl=en&;

-Steve