From: Walden H. Leverich

Huh? First, 3 seconds per page load? Something is very wrong... perhaps
you're running Websphere on System i? :)

Walden....... <shaking finger>

Just in case anybody forgets, you can go to http://www.plutabrothers.com to
see a web site written entirely with WDSC running on a little tiny model 270
with 1GB of memory. (Well, right now it's running on a model 520, because
the model 270 has currently had two backplane replacements and a front panel
replaced -- Happy Labor Day Weekend!)

Seriously though, web pages
should load sub-second, just like 5250.

While currently the demo is down and you only get static pages, when the
demo is up you still get subsecond response time running through Websphere.

Secondly, 10 web screens to replace a 5250 screen? Can you describe that
5250 screen and why you'd need 10 screens to replace it.

Yeah, my clients are finding the opposite. Unless they're constrained by
device resolution (e.g., handhelds), they can typically fit more information
on a screen rather than less. This includes things like pictures and logos
and buttons and all that good stuff.

Joe