Your FSP, (not your HMC), is not that far behind. You're on SF240_219.
The latest is SF240_320_201. The cool part is that you can upgrade from
219 to 320 non-disruptive. Meaning that anything at SF240, and above 201
can be installed non-disruptive. Non-disruptive means that you do NOT
have to power down the lpars to apply it. For confirmation on this check
out:
http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/firmware/gjsn?mode=30&page=01SF240_320_201.html
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/ibmscdirect/E58D7BBF0EAC9A2786256EAD005F54D8

However you really need to get over your fear of your HMC and start using
it, after all, you did pay for it. Stop using STRSST to check flash
levels. Start using HMC to install upgrades, especially if you want to do
them non-disruptive.

Now, according to this matrix:
http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/power5cm/supportedcode.html
clicking on "Supported HMC and POWER5 Server Code combinations (excluding
595 and 590)"
your level of HMC is not supported on that level of FSP.
So first I would upgrade your HMC to V6R1. Then I would upgrade your FSP
to SF240_320. Then I would upgrade your HMC to V7R3 (and appropriate fix
packs).
All this can be done without any notice by your end users.

For information as to how to get new HMC code, and new FSP code check out
http://www-912.ibm.com/eserver/support/fixes/fixcentral
- System i family
- Server Firmware
and