RE: When an AS/400 is called an iSeries

fixed

If that theory was correct, wouldn't people have been willing to buy an
iSeries? I just don't understand how many times we have to "rebrand" to
shed that prejudice.

-Marty

------------------------------

date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:00:38 +0200
from: "Lukas Beeler" <l.beeler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: When an AS/400 is called an iSeries

The whole platform is legacy in the minds of these people you're
referring to.

The AS/400 is considered a legacy platform, yes. That's exactly why IBM
rebranded it as the System i.
Usually people have seen one or two ads about the System i, but have no
idea what it is. And this is where can start selling, because they don't
have a "legacy" prejudice against the System i.