Aaron,

While I beat on the brand drum in this forum (ok - a lot), there is work I
put in other areas. I speak on modernization a lot. My session called "How
to be an IT Survivor" is also a smack in the face for a lot of green
programmers. I work on refacing and modernizing applications where the users
no longer know what hardware is running the application. I talk to IBM a lot
about naming, GUI, modernization, etc. Yes, I pound on a lot of people. You
don't see any of that in this forum.

FWIW, IBM already has a GUI or two for i. I choose to use other solutions,
and get better results. Changing the GUI is like using the right name - it
is just ONE of many things we MUST do. Some of it is about perception, and
some of it is about having modern applications on our platform.

I still maintain that a small thing as the community calling it by the right
name will go a long way to maintaining the platform for our future. But it
is not my only gig.

Trevor