Paul,

I DO know where the name issues are. I have been pushing IBM - along with
MANY of us here - to refer to System i by its current brand name. Some time
back, I heard an IBMer say "I did not know it was not called an AS/400 any
more". Marketing the brand inside IBM is VERY important.

However, as we know, IBM brand marketing for our platform has not always
been the way we want it. Finally, they give us a brand NAME, and none of us
can adjust? It is up to US to take this platform into the future.

I am not willing to stand back and let it sink into the quicksand of OLD. It
is NO LONGER an AS/400. Go here: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/os/ and
remember - that blue pillar on the left is where OS/400 USED TO BE. Look at
the discussions we have been having here lately... PHP? AJAX? For a start,
can an AS/400 do that? NO!!

Trevor