OVRPRTF to PC connected printer not working

fixed

I have a printer attached to a PC on the network. The printer is the
default printer for the PC and has a Client Access printer emulation
session defined. I am trying to send a report to the printer from our
iSeries 520 at V5R4 (the box is just another node on the network). I am
trying to OVRPRTF the report and change the CPI and page rotation
characteristics of the report. If I do the override and send the report
to a network printer, it works just fine. When I try to do it to the PC
printer, the report prints consistently in the CA defined format and
does not appear to be affected by any overrides. Is it possible to send
a spool file to a printer in this case?

I have an outqueue and writer defined for this printer. I have also
specified this writer as the default PRTDEV for the user.

I have not been able to find any information on printing to a printer
that is not network defined and is local to the computer it is connected
to. Any direction that someone can provide will be appreciated.

Richard Superneau

Programmer/Analyst

Davis Transport

Phone: 406-728-5510