RE: Timing is everything

fixed

thanks to the ridiculous rates for SWMA ...

That's one of the things that hit us Joe. We went of maintenance (HW and
SW) without realizing it. The cost of getting current again was _more_ than
the cost of a brand new machine! We pointed out to IBM that this was
idiotic as it was clearly going to cost them way more to do this than simply
waiving the currency fees. Their reply was "we know but that's how it
works" - my response was to write an "I'm a disgusted shareholder" letter -
but I never got a response.

Best part - not only was the replacement machine cheaper than the currency
fee - it came preloaded with the latest OS release (trying to order the
update was when we discovered the problem) AND they allowed us to keep the
old machine for a month to make the transition! It was a no-brainer!

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com