Frank,

You can also change TESTCL to monitor for messages and resend them to a
message queue of your choice.  Something like this.  Message ID USR9805
could state "ODBC error occurred in job 123456/QUSER/QZDASOINIT.  You
may have to end this job manually."

  CALLPRC A
  MONMSG(CPF000 MCH000 SQL000) EXEC(DO)

    RCVMSG MSGTYPE(*DIAG) MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) MSGID(&MSGID) +
           MSGF(&MSGF) MSGFLIB(&MSGFLIB)
    MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000 MCH0000) EXEC(RETURN)

    IF (&MSGID *NE ' ') THEN(DO)
    SNDPGMMSG  MSGID(USR9805) MSGF(USERMSGLIB/USERMSGF) +
               MSGDTA(&JOBNAME) TOUSR(QSYSOPR) MSGTYPE(*INFO)
    MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000 MCH0000) EXEC(RETURN)

    RCVMSG  MSGTYPE(*EXCP) MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) MSGID(&MSGID) +
            MSGF(&MSGF) MSGFLIB(&MSGFLIB)
    MONMSG  MSGID(CPF0000 MCH0000) EXEC(RETURN)

    IF (&MSGID *NE ' ') THEN(DO)
    SNDPGMMSG  MSGID(USR9805) MSGF(USERMSGLIB/USERMSGF) +
               MSGDTA(&JOBNAME) TOUSR(QSYSOPR) MSGTYPE(*INFO)
    MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000 MCH0000) EXEC(RETURN)

  ENDDO