Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 14:21:52 +0100
From: "Frederic BOSSU" <F5INL@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ===== IBM system 34 SSP command ===
To: <cctalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

Does anyone know a way of listing the files of a
diskette or a disk drive of a System 34 ? I tried
the following SSP commands (normally used on S/36
computer), but it doesn't seem to work ...

//LOAD $LABEL
//RUN
//DISPLAY LABEL-ALL,UNIT-F1
//END

After typing these commands, I was expecting
something should appear on the CRT but nothing
arrived, neither a list of files, nor an error
message, even if I had to wait few seconds before
the computer returns me the hand...

I don't really understand what they mean by the verb
DISPLAY in the OCL statement guide. Does it mean
DISPLAY on the CRT ? DISPLAY on the PRINTER ?
DISPLAY
in a file ?... grrrr....

Merry X-mas to all, and thank you for your help.
Fred.

Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant
TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC