Doug,

 IIRC, it's not DISPLAY, rather it's INQUIRY.  Display is a mode within DFU.

 -mark

At 12/25/06 01:00 PM, you wrote:
Paul/Fred,

> After typing these commands, I was expecting
> > something should appear on the CRT but nothing
> > arrived, neither a list of files, nor an error
> > message, even if I had to wait few seconds before
> > the computer returns me the hand...

In case it wasn't clear from Mark's response, under SSP by default output
from certain utilities including $LABEL goes to a printer (typically
spooled).  At any time in a session you can issue SYSLIST CRT to cause
future output to redirect back to your terminal, or SYSLIST PRINTER to
revert back to printed output.  Using SYSLIST CRT is somewhat like pipiing
DOS output to the MORE command.  You get a screenful of information then it
pauses for you to pres Enter, then you get another screenful of data.  You
cannot sroll the data.  Unlike MORE, the pipe isn't done on a per command
basis; using SYSLIST remains in effect until you change it again (or sign
off).

If you don't want each line of data to be truncated after 75 characters, use
SYSLIST CRT,FOLD instead.

> I don't really understand what they mean by the verb
> > DISPLAY in the OCL statement guide. Does it mean
> > DISPLAY on the CRT ? DISPLAY on the PRINTER ?
> DISPLAY
> > in a file ?... grrrr....

DISPLAY is not a valid OCL statement.  DISPLAY is the name of one of the DFU
procedures, to view a file in read-only mode.  Other DFU procedures included
ENTER or UPDATE or LIST.  DISPLAY is similar to the LISTDATA command in
i5/OS.

Doug