I am trying to configure my first LAN attached Zebra Label
Printer and I don't think I've got it quite right.>
      When I release the Label to print it comes up with the message

to load the form type and when I give a g to go then print jobs goes
into a PND state and no output comes out.

The printer is a Zebre 140xiII and the following is my device
description

                   Change Device Desc (Printer) (CHGDEVPRT)

AFAIK, the Zebra printserver only provides support for LPD, i.e.
RMTOUTQs. They can't be set up as LAN printers at all. (Unless they are
cabled to a actual printserver the iSeries would talk to of course.)

Try:
CRTOUTQ OUTQ(ZEBRA_NAME) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) RMTPRTQ(portLF1)
AUTOSTRWTR(1) CNNTYPE(*IP)
        DESTTYPE(*OTHER) INTNETADR(the.printer.ip.address)

You can then wrap it in a virtual printer def if you want it to look
more like a printer to applications that expect it to:
CRTDEVPRT DEVD(ZEBRA_NAME) DEVCLS(*VRT) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) ONLINE(*NO)
FONT(11 0) TRANSFORM(*NO)