I’m confused.

I have 2 clients with the exact same machine - 9406-170 – with the exact
same tape drive – 63A0-001. They are both running SSP 7.5 as a guest of
OS400 V4R3M0. I went to Site A, initialized a tape, copied some libraries,
took the tape to Site B and tried to restore. Got the message SYS-7493 “can
not use non-sl initialized tape as SL or BLP”. Scratch head?? Tried again –
same message. Then I initialized the tape at Site B, took it to Site A,
copied the stuff again, went back to Site B and got the same message when I
tried to restore???? Both systems are at the same SSP PTF level. I tried two
different tape types – one a 6525, the other a SLR5-8GB. Both TAPEINIT
commands are identical except for the vol id. Both systems can save and
restore their own backup tapes. I didn’t try to save a file at Site A and
restore to Site B. The Tapeinit command is as follows: TAPEINIT