Never actually replaced a multi-part form with a non-impact printer (laser, etc.), but a couple of thoughts occurred to me since ours is a similar business.

First, to save collating and preventing associated problems, it might be a good idea to print the same shipping document three times, rather than use three separate drawers.

Second, without the carbonless feature the drivers are going to have to remember to get the customers to sign both the blue and yellow copies. Mistakes (omissions) will occur. I've never heard of carbonless paper for lasers, but you might check to see if there is such an animal.

        * Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i5/iSeries Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Jim Franz wrote:

Need ideas for replacing a multi-part form printed on twinax printers (Epson). 3 parts - office(white), driver(blue), customer(yellow) - paper is carbonless.
Office copy stays in office, to match with driver's returned & signed copy.
Currently customer signs top form and driver leaves customer their yellow copy.

This is not UPS or Fedex - this is low tech, low wage drivers.
Drivers & pickers pull their paper from printer, so must be easy load & print.
Office people just enter the orders (5 - 7,000 month). This is food delivery.
Managers like the idea of printing on blank paper, putting some color on 2nd &
3rd copy.
Leaning towards color laser 3 drawer (i know the consumable may rule this out)
Office likes HP lasers....
They did already rule out (for now) colored paper in the correct order from
single tray).

I know overlays & form printing. I'm wondering how most sites transformed
twinax based
multipart forms into something else. Jim Franz