Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:55:16 -0600
From: "Curt Vancalster" <Curt.Vancalster@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 170 Dropping Hard
To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

We have a 170 running V5R2 for our development and in the
past 4 years
it has dropped 6 times (3 times in the past week).  In all
cases there
were no messages in the logs on any hardware failures.  Our
tech
suggested we replace the power supply, which we did the
first 3 times.
Now we are having a hard time coming up with other
possibilities.  We
don't believe that the power supply is an issue and we have
the system
on a ups which our 810 is running on the same ups and it
does not go
down.

Has anyone seen this before or know of anything else we can
check?

Thanks,

Curt VanCalster

--
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-