I have an FTP job that will transfer a COBOL copybook from a VSE/ESA system
to a library/sourcefile on the iSeries. The process works fine, but when the
sourcefile member is first created the member "type" is undefined. Is there
an FTP command I can issue to set the source type?

I know that I can add a second step after the FTP and issue a command
remotely to do this:

        CHGPFM FILE(library/sourcefile) MBR(member) SRCTYPE(type)

but I was hoping to accomplish the entire task via FTP. TIA!