Hmmm - we had consultants with similar dumb decisions at my previous
employer during a BPCS installation. They were having problems programming
and running into authority issues. Well freakin' a - we had a secure system.

They came to me said I needed to run GRTOBJAUT *All/*All and then they would
be OK. I said "You've GOT to be kidding ? No way. Let's work together to
figure out solutions to the problems you are having." Seemed logical to me.

But he didn't like that and went to my boss who comes to me and asks me why
I won't do what they were asking. This was a VERY sensitive political mess
because the BPCS installation was replacing a home grown system. I came into
the home grown system way late and didn't write NEAR as much as others had.
So anyone mentioning ANYTHING that could be construed as "negative" to BPCS,
even it I was a legitimate concern, got a bad rap/branded.  So I told him my
concerns and the holes something like that would open up and that I had
offered to help them figure out their problems and that he had said no, do
it. And my boss said to do it. And I said, "OK I want something in writing
that says you said to do this despite my being against it" - and he did it.
Unreal. True Dilbert moment.

I bet I can guess these who these consultants were...

Chuck