Re: iSeries Security in Computerworld

fixed

Hi Jim

Withour disagreeing with what you say, I was referring more to a full time owner of the box that "runs" it as opposed to merely the security aspect. A lot of 400's simply sit somewhere in the office running day in day out with no-one really responsible for them. No on-going daily maintenance such as windows and to a lesser extent unix seem to require means that no-one really "owns" the box and promotes it.

Regards
Evan Harris

At 09:38 a.m. 6/11/2006, you wrote:

>I have yet to see a unix box that didn't have a knowledgeable resource ...

I think a Security certification for i5/OS,
and not a general test but up to the level we can truly call "expert"
would help raise the education of the community.
jim franz