From: Joe Pluta [mailto:joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 2 November 2006 1:20 p.m.
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: HMC and V5R4

<chuckle>

Well, the next time I upgrade my development box (currently a 520), I'll
probably get a machine with an HMC just so I understand how it works.  But
the model 270 is going to stay with me for the foreseeable future; it will
be a viable machine for serving up web applications and demos for some time
(unlike my poor little model 150, which sits in a corner and collects dust
and hasn't even been turned on in a year).

Joe

From: Larry Bolhuis

Why Suuuuure! FrankieIII runs V5R4, V5R3, V5R2 AND Linux all without an
HMC and he's a 270!  However if I could figure out a way to hook an HMC
to him, i'd do it!

 - Larry