I believe that Michael is right, but I have also heard that IBM is promoting iSeries to all universities in the states and that a lot of professors or teachers will be trained this summer to get ready for teaching this fall.

I am one of the not-yet-grey-haired people under 40 that has done a lot of Java, PHP and Lotus Notes/Domino development in the last... oh my good... many years :-D

If anyone want's to know I'm 32 and started coding my first program in Microsoft Basic on DOS 1.0 on the first PC comming to Denmark back in 1982. I have done iSeries (AS/400 and also System/36) integration for the last 15 years. My father have taught me well ;o)

I'm sure that if you tell just-graduated young people that they can do the following on your iSeries you are well on your way for something great (sorry I haven't got links on all):

    - Java
    - PHP
         (http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/php/)
    - Lotus Notes/Domino
         (http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/domino/)
    - ASP programming ((X)HTML, WebServices (SOAP) etc.)
         (http://www.icebreak.info)
    - XML and XSLT from C/C++, RPG/ILE
         (http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/xml/)
    - Multiple OS'es (I5/OS, Linux, AIX 5L, Windows)
         (http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/os/)

You might also take a look at this Gartner Research: ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_wh/n/ISL02252USEN/ISL02252USEN.PDF

Best regards,
John