Hi Vern,

The QSAMPLER library is currently not available from
the IBM Printer Co. web site though I have heard there
are plans to return it to the web site with some new
features sometime in the future.

Currently you need to e-mail Bill Shaffer at IBM to
receive it via e-mail.

Bill Shaffer
Product Manager, iSeries and Third Party Output
Solutions
wcshaff@xxxxxxxxxx

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul

date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:18:04 +0000
from: vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: Looking for an AS/400 printer "boot
camp"

This used to be a great download from IBM - it was a
SAVF of a library called QSAMPLER - I have not been
able to find it lately - we have it with a text
description that says "DO NOT DELETE".

Is this another example of how printing gets short
shrift on the iSeries? Do I want to start another
rant-fest?

;-)

Anyone know where to get it now? Searching IBM's
knowledge bases shows nothing, nor does it show up
much in google.

Vern

From: Darrell A Martin <DMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, Don:

The problem with the Redbooks in general is they
tell you absolutely everything you need to know
about >>a topic if you already know what you are
looking for. >>They are for the most part inadequate
as tutorials
(translation: most of them stink). In areas where I
have practical experience enough to know where to
look, the Redbooks are gold mines.

When it comes to printing I could be standing on top
of an 800 pound nugget and wouldn't necessarily
suspect a thing.

I am curious about this "Samples" document. The
closest I have found to it is SG242160.PDF but that
doesn't say anything about "Boulder." Can you
provide >>a URL, the name of the PDF on the iSeries
Information >>Center CDs (we're running V5R2), or
other access >>information?

Darrell

Darrell A. Martin - 754-2187
Manager, Computer Operations