From: Jim Oberholtzer JOberholtzer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:15:38 -0500
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Retrieving active controlling subsystem

I have not been following all the lines of this thread too closely so
forgive me if I am repeating, however how about retrieving the console
name from system values.  Then using the retrieve device description
information you should be able to get something that looks like:

Allocated to:
Job name . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   QCTL
  Number . . . . . . . . . . . . . :     006403
Current message queue  . . . . . . :   QSYSOPR

The job name is going to always be the controlling subsystem.  It should
work even if the device is not signed on because the subsystem will
allocate it.

I have not tried this in practice, but it is an approach.

Jim

http://mail2web.com/ .