Been there - done that.  Unless this was a one time oopsie infinite loop,
you may wish to look at:
GO CLEANUP
1. Change cleanup options
Number of days to keep:
  User messages . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   7

Then again, if you have to clean them up manually, it just goes to show
you how ineffective sending a message is, many people never check them.
Some developers will try to force their will by using SNDBRKMSG.  I've
shot every developer that ever put that into a program that routinely
sends that to me.  I HATE break messages.  I've also discovered that users
will just start an extra session and leave that one session for the break
messages and never use it.  Thus they won't see that message either.  They
hate break messages also.  However, sending the message as an email is
popular.  And you often won't fill them up.  I've found if they want to
ignore those, they'll just put up a filter and have that delete it
automatically.  At least it doesn't fill up a message queue and stop a
job.

Break messages actually make me rant more than telling Joe Pluta that
maybe he should convert to all SQL and put his database on MS because it's
more stable.
Speaking of ranting, we have a division that sends a break message to
everyone on the system "to get off the system because they are running
period end now".  And 75% of our users are not affiliated with that
division and could not possible care less.