From: Ron-Zimmerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:Ron-Zimmerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 10:12 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Iowa Systems Users Group of Cedar Rapids

I haven't talked to Trish lately, so I don't know where they're at with
the effort to get ISUG going again.  I do know that Bill had been the
driving force on keeping it alive until he began having his health
problems a year or year & a half ago.  I was a board member back in 97 -
98 and even then we were struggling getting people to attend the meetings.
 The folks in Des Moines don't like leaving there for meetings, and those
of us on the eastern side of the state get tired of traveling to Des
Moines for all the meetings.  In addition, it's next to impossible for us
to go to Des Moines for a lunch meeting.  It seems like most people are no
longer in favor of an evening meeting that takes away from their free
time.  When I first got involved in ISUG, most people would come to every
meeting even if the presentation that night was not of interest to them.
Unfortunately, over the last few years we had meetings, the attitude
changed and people only came when they were interested in the topic.  That
cut down on the attendance considerably, so the only well attended event
was the all-day conference in May.

There also used to be a Quad Cities Midrange Users Group here in
Davenport/Rock Island/Moline, but it has apparently also died from lack of
interest.

Thank you,
Ronald L. Zimmerman
I.T. Applications Manager
Swiss Valley Farms, Co.      http://www.swissvalley.com
"The Good for You Company"
Email: Ron-Zimmerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Ingvaldson, Scott" <SIngvaldson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
11/22/2005 07:35 AM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Iowa Systems Users Group of Cedar Rapids

Last I heard (in Sept.) Trish Froeschle from IBM (pafroes@xxxxxxxxxx)
was working on getting it reorganized.  They are working on the meeting
format, whether lunch or dinner meetings and doing alternate months in
Des Moines, etc.

They are definitely trying to continue doing their one-day conferences
(normally in Newton in May.)

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator