Greg,

You may be surprised there, too. At least, this is my experience. Perhaps
others can contrasdict this.

I use the UNIX service programme from the iSeries Toolkit.

When creating an IFS file I see that users with a certain level of authority
(not *ALLOBJ) are the owners of the file, but have *RX rights, not *RWX. I had
to change authority to givve them all rights (*RWX) to write to the file on the
IFS they own (sic!).

Users with *ALLOBJ do not suffer this problem. If I create a file in the IFS
(being in the user class *SECOFR) I have all rights and ownership (of course)
to that file.

I do not know what the line between full rights and limited rights for the IFS
is (even with ownership in hand).

After the file has been created I give *PUBLIC *RWX rights, so others can copy
it from the IFS to their local drives or use it in their favourite Office
applications.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler