> From: Pete Helgren
>
> "Here's the question: if I copy a file onto the IFS, then add it to an
> image catalog, can I delete it from the IFS before applying the image?
> I don't have a ton of extra space, so this would allow me to add a lot
> more images to the catalog before running the thing."
>
> Are you talking about the downloaded PTF or a copy from the CD image?

Downloaded .bin files from Fix Central FTP server.  I downloaded them
onto my laptop on a high-speed line.  Now I'm copying them to my i5.
>From the looks of things, I'll do the cume and then each group
separately.

Note that I had some serious problems with the download (the same .bin
file failed every time I downloaded it, in the same place, even after
re-ordering the PTF).  Because of this, IBM is sending me two of the
group PTFs on disk; I don't know yet how to add PTF data from a disk to
a catalog.

> If I understand Rob's post, you only need ONE copy of the file,
> regardless of where it is hanging out, when you add them to the image
> catalog.

True, but the ADDIMGCLGE makes a copy of the .bin file.  My question is
whether you can delete the original .bin file after doing the
ADDIMGCLGE, but before actually loading the PTFs from the catalog.  I
*think* you can.

Joe