   John,

   I did not know of the existence of CWBPING, so I have not tried it - yet!
   :-)

   I know enough about TCP/IP to be dangerous, and am on my own in this small
   shop.  2 of the 3 of us know a little TCP/IP but not enough to fix the
   problem.  And the problem is mine alone, as the others dial up to signon
   and support the 400.  I have DSL and have for the last few years supported
   through the VPN.

   I will try this when I get the opportunity.

   Thanks!