Hi All,

Got a V5R1 system, latest cume.  Doing a STRASPBAL ASP(2)
TYPE(*CAPACITY) TIMLMT(*NOMAX)

In the DSPLOG I see this:

Message . . . . :   ASP balancing for ASP 2 ended.

Cause . . . . . :   The ASP balancing function of type *CAPACITY for ASP
2
  ended.  The function had an ending code of  1.

Ending code of 1 means it completed successfully, and the ASP is
"Completely Balanced."

When I look at disk status I see this:

             Size    %     I/O   Request   Read  Write   Read  Write
%
Unit  Type    (M)  Used    Rqs  Size (K)    Rqs   Rqs     (K)   (K)
Busy
 61  6714  17548   4.7    8.8      5.5      .0    8.8     .0    5.5
0
 62  6714  17548   4.6    8.8      5.5      .0    8.8     .0    5.5
0
 63  6714  13161   6.2    9.7      5.6      .1    9.5   20.0    5.4
0
 64  6714  13161   6.3    9.3      5.3      .1    9.1    4.0    5.3
0
 65  6714  13161    .2     .1     20.0      .0     .1     .0   20.0
0
 66  6714  13161    .2     .0       .0      .0     .0     .0     .0
0

And view 2 shows these disks are actually ALL included in that ASP (for
JRNRCV objects, if you're wondering.)

           --Protection--
Unit  ASP  Type  Status    Compression
 61    2  DPY   ACTIVE
 62    2  DPY   ACTIVE
 63    2  DPY   ACTIVE
 64    2  DPY   ACTIVE
 65    2  DPY   ACTIVE
 66    2  DPY   ACTIVE

So what gives?  Unit 65 and 66 certainly don't look like they're doing
their share of the work here.  Ideas?

Justin C. Haase - iSeries System Administrator
IBM Certified Systems Expert - eServer i5
Kingland Systems Corporation
email - justin.haase@xxxxxxxxxxxx