Here's a message that I posted to the iSeries Network forums last week:
From: Scott Klement
Date: 09-16-2005  09:04AM

As a quick test to see if I could get a free PGP program for the iSeries, I went to:

http://www.pgpi.org

There I clicked on "Download -> PGP" and noted that there's no "OS/400" or "i5/OS" version, but there are lots of Unix versions, and Unix software will sometimes run in PASE on the iSeries, so I clicked "Unix -> PGP 6.5.8 -> AIX"

I then downloaded the AIX version of PGP, and FTPed it to my iSeries.

I started up PASE (installable from your OS/400 CDs, Free with V5R2 or later) with the CALL QP2TERM command.

I used the gunzip program (part of the GNU utilities available from http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/enable/site/porting/iseries/overview/gnu_utilities.html and the TAR program to extract the contents of the download. to my IFS. There's another gzipped tar file inside the original one, so I used gunzip and tar again to extract that one.

Now I have a PGP program in a directory of my IFS. When I'm in PASE and I go to that directory, I can type ./pgp -h to get some help -- and it works, so it looks like the program runs.

That's as far as I got -- only spent about 5 minutes looking at it -- but it appears that this program will run on the iSeries. You should be able to run it from your own CL or RPG programs using the QP2SHELL API. Best of all is the price tag -- it costs nothing.

Might be worth looking at.