 I am not certain I understand what you are saying, so these comments may
not answer your real question.

Visual Age RPG is a Windows application.  It runs on the PC and builds
Windows (or Java, if you wish) objects.  When you are done creating an
application you have the needed dll's, etc for a Windows application'

The code that you use to do it is RPG IV.  F-specs, D-Specs, C-specs are all
there.  You also deal with "parts".  To write a subfile you add the subfile
part to your canvas, name it, and fill it,just like a green screen subfile.

One feature that I like particularly is that you can update one window and
have the result of the update affect fields in another window.

A part I like is the Notebook part.  You can have a subfile of names &
addresses in one window and have another window or pane with a notebook part
and have tabbed pages in the notebook for Mailing Address, Billing Address,
Emergency Notifications, Last known Address, Photo and Personal Contact Info
, etc.

Of course, VARPG also allows images, if you want a catalog or photos.

But no one uses it.  Yes, it is Windows based, but in the foreseeable future
will anyone have a user workstation that is not a Windows product?  If that
is the case then why are we trying so hard to avoid using Windows?

Booth Martin
http://www.martinvt.com