From: michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:55 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Green screen to GUI

There's two of you! Plus Claus in Toronto...

http://www.itjungle.com/mpo/mpo081502-story01.html
http://www.itjungle.com/mpo/mpo041102-story01.html
http://www.itjungle.com/mpo/mpo042502-story02.html
http://www.itjungle.com/mpo/mpo092602-story01.html
http://www.itjungle.com/mpo/mpo092602-story06.html
http://www.itjungle.com/mpo/mpo060602-story02.html

Discussion"<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     Subject: RE: Green screen to GUI
>       IBM did create software that is very Visual Basic-like, except
it used RPGIV
>     for the coding.  It really does work, it really is out there, and
you
>     already own it.
>

>     But very very few people use it.   I spent a lot of time learning
how to use
>     it and built several applications with it. It really is nifty,
relatively
>     fast, and users love it.  But almost no shops use it.  I never
could figure
>     out why not.
>

>     If you want to see what it looks like:
>

>     http://www.martinvt.com/Code_Samples/FAQ-VARPG/faq-varpg.html
>

>     These two screen shots are Windows and Java, side by side, both
written
>     using Visual Age RPG (the RPG code is shown, too.)

>     Booth Martin
>
>     http://www.martinvt.com

platform-agnostic UI

>     definition language and an RPG back end.  The sad thing is that
IBM