Sounds like you are having a problem with your connection.  I would have
the networking people look at the router logs and see what the traffic
pattern looks like.  Printing over a WAN can really tie up bandwidth.
The Perle will lock all the keyboards and wait for the AS400 to
re-establish communications.  You then pick up where we left off.  Of
course the AS400 does not care it took 5 minutes to get a response from
the perle.  And VPN users time out and disconnect.  I would be looking
at your WAN/LAN.

Chris Bipes
Information Services Director
CrossCheck, Inc.