I created a class called ODBC. I duplicated everything in the class called
QPWFSERVER, except that I made the priority a 50. I changed the prestart
job entry for QZDASOINIT to use the class named ODBC, then restarted the
QUSRWRK subsystem. You could also set things up to run under a different
subsystem.

I hope that the users that run these reports are patient, because their
stuff will take MUCH longer to run. At the client I did this for, the ODBC
users revolted and the IT manager had me change it back. Then the
interactive users got upset.

The client ended up getting a machine with more horsepower just to keep the
ODBC folks happy.
--

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.