To my response him, Mihael Knezevic wrote on 05/13/2005 12:57:13 PM:
> > >From Appendix D of the Security Reference manual, my
> > understanding is
> > >that
> > when DSPDTA is *NO and AUTCHK is *DTAAUT then a user without
> > *SPLCTL special authority will need *READ, plus *ADD plus
> > *DLT authority to the output queue to display some other
> > users spooled files.
> hmm. i thought *SPLCTL will give u full control over the outqueue.
> in conjuction with AUTCHK *SPLCTL was never mentioned. can u point
> me to a link to a document which refers to this?

I think you did not understand my statement. Perhaps it was poorly worded
or perhaps you were thinking the word "with" instead of "without". A user
with *SPLCTL will have full access to the spooled files on an output queue.

The Security Reference manual is available on the iSeries Information
Center, www.ibm.com/iseries/infocenter. Go to âPrintable PDFs and manualsâ
and search for âiSeries Security Reference

Ed Fishel,
edfishel@xxxxxxxxxx