How about using UDTF - User Defined Table Function?
Seems like perfect opportunity for it and it wouldn't cost you anything
other than the time to program it and set it up.

Here is an IT Jungle article talking about it:

http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh081502-story04.html

Also, a very good redbook, Modernizing IBM Eserver iSeries Application Data
Access - A Roadmap Cornerstone map, talks about it in section 6.8.1 on page
72:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246393.pdf

And some additional DB2 info referencing UDTFs:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2help/topic/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/a
d/c0009296.htm

Hope that helps.

Elvis