RE: Re-organising a LARGE file

fixed

You might want to check the archives for the list as I'm certain this has
been discussed before.

When we've been faced with this problem, we usually copy the file to another
library and then copy it back using MBROPT(*REPLACE).

With such a large file, you'll probably want to do that in a test
environment to determine how long it will actually take.

Hope that helps.

Donald R. Fisher, III
Project Manager
Roomstore Furniture Company
(804) 784-7600 extension 2124
DFisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<clip>
We have a file with 387,961,653 records and 472,603,144 deleted records.  It
has 3 logical files built over it.  Using the RGZPFM command we estimate 90+
hours to re-org.
<clip>