Jeff - Here is something to try.  It is from SI06294, Missing
System-Supplied Exit Points.  I can send you a document off-line if you
would like about SI06294.

CALL QSYS/QUSDRGPT PARM('EXIT_NOT_FOUND      '  'NOTF0UND' X'00000000')

 After the recovery code has run, all exit points stored in
 the
 registration object (QUSRSYS/QUSEXRGOBJ) should be
 displayed       via the WRKREGINF command.  This is object
 type *EXITRG

Steven Hinrichs
Software Engineer
Help/Systems Inc.
Phone: 952.563.1672
Fax: 507.356.2285
steve.hinrichs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> message: 6
> date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:26:10 -0500
> from: "Jeff Crosby" <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> subject: Disappearing exit points
>
> This has been quite a week.
>
> After Monday night's (10/25) SAVLIB(*NONSYS) backup in a restricted
state,
> neither FTP nor REXEC would start again.  This is a real problem for us
> since that is how _all_ our sales reps orders get into the iSeries.
After
> trying everything I could think of (which doesn't take long) I opened a
PMR
> with Supportline.  What the tech determined after a relatively short
period
> was that all the exit point for FTP and REXEC were gone.  Completely.  In
> toto.  It wasn't just that the programs weren't listed in the exit
points, I
> mean the actual exit points themselves did not exist.
>
> It was a known problem that usually happens 'right after a release
update'.
> I upgraded this 270 to V5R3 a month ago, and we do a SAVLIB(*NONSYS)
every
> night so it had quite a number of chances to fail.  He had me do a couple
of
> program calls out of lib QTCP that reinstalled all the exit points and
all
> was well.  Or so I thought.
>
> Tuesday at 1pm or so, I did a CHGSMTPA (which will be the subject of
another
> post later).  When that didn't work as planned, I changed it back and
tried
> to STRMSF and STRTCPSVR(*SMTP).  MSF would not start.  No email in or
out.
> One of the escape messages indicated an exit point program.  I called
back
> in on that same PMR, thinking it might be related.
>
> To make a long story short, it wasn't related.  We were without email
Monday
> afternoon, all day Tuesday, and I missed part of a WDSC seminar Wednesday
> morning getting it straightened out.  MSF was missing 15 exit points.
They