Re: UDB DB2 text extenders - no luck

fixed

Carel and Vernon,

Thanks for your suggestions. I did scour through documents on the
Infocenter. But the essential text extender topic seems to evade me. I was
wondering if there's anyone amongst us in the group who have used UDB DB2 to
their advantage in terms of searching text documents? If so, could you give
me some guidance as to how to go about implementing/using it?

I've got V5R1 and have installed 5722DE1 and I believe I have relevant OS
products.

Regards,
Vikas.

message: 5
date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:42:56 -0500
from: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: UDB DB2 text extenders

You best bet is to go to InfoCenter under Database and find the manual for
this - there is one there. Text searches are possible. Haven't done it
myself, have just taken a brief look at the manual.

Vern
message: 10
date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:51:15 +0200
from: "Carel Teijgeler" <coteijgeler@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: UDB DB2 text extenders

Vikas,

There are some manuals for Text Extenders at V5R1. At the Info Center (V5R1)
it can be found (using Sitemap) under "Database and File Systems"- manuals
and redbooks.

I assume, of course, you have a link to that part of Info Center.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler