iSeries News ran an article by Paul Conte a little while back that was an
*excellent* tutorial on the subject.  www.iseriesnetwork.com.  You'll
probably need to be a member - I don't know what level.

Original Message:
From: William Washington III w.washington3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:38:42 -0700 (PDT)
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SQL Procedures and error handling

Sorry if this is posted incorrectly, but I didn't see an SQL list!

When writing SQL procedures on the iSeries, I set up a "DECLARE CONTINUE
HANDLER FOR condition" block to handle certain errors.

How can I determine the object which caused the exception?

For example, I'm using two different files in my SQL procedure and want
different recovery based on which file caused the exception.  Any way to get
the file name responsible for the error from the SQLCA?  Should I look

Thanks in advance!

William Washington III

William Washington III
Njia Systems Incorporated