Re: Prompt Override Program example using date & time?

fixed

Dan,

> Oooh, in addition to all that, does using *CHAR vs. *DATE allow you to NOT
> have to surround a date value with single quotes?

No -- that is a generic limitation of the command parser, not just the
prompter.  For example, you can't specify this from the command line:

  CHGJOB  DATE(10/25/2004)

because 10/25/2004 is construed as an expression ( = 10 / 25 / 2004 or
about 1.996E-04).

In fact, I ended up deciding to populate my POP-supplied dates without
separators just because of that issue.  I still accept anything they
key, with or without separators, but didn't like the looks of the
single quotes within the command prompt panel.

Doug