RE: Save while active (SWA) question

fixed

Personally I would submit both to batch.  If I had to choose between the
options given, I would want my monitor job running before the save starts,
therefore option one.

I will also mention that I never shut down TCP or the QPGMR subsystem.  This
is the back door to save having to drive in when there is a problem.  What
you need to shut down to achieve a good backup depends on what you are
backing up.  An ALLUSR backup probably only needs the Management Central
server down (and your user jobs, of course.)  A SAV needs anything that
locks IFS objects to be down.

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator