From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 3:03 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Saving Spool Files for a Migration

 I have a client on a 620 running 5.2 moving to an i5 running 5.3. We need
to move around a 1,000 spoolfiles to te new box. We need to make sure that
all the external attributes are restored as well, so a simple copy to a pf
and restore isn't going to cut it. This will be a once or maybe twice
deal.

I don't need something very fancy, but functional since it's a 1 time
deal.  What has the group here used? Will BRMS at 5.2 handle spoolfiles?
I've heard that the spoolfile restore is terrible in BRMS, at least time
wise.

Thanks

Kirk Goins CCNA
Systems Engineer, Manage Inc.
IBM Certified iSeries Solutions Expert
IBM Certified iSeries e-Business Infrastructure
IBM Certified Designing IBM e-business Solutions
Office 503-353-1721 x106 Cell 503-577-9519
kirkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      www.manageinc.com

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.