You restored different versions of files that already existed in the
library you restored into (different file level identifiers) so the old
versions were kept and renamed with the '0001' etc on the end.  When
completely refreshing data on the test machine you should have done a
CLRLIB first.

"Raby, Steve \(GE Advanced Materials, consultant\)" <steve.raby@xxxxxx>
2004/10/15 02:02

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Breeding like rabbits!!!

Hello All,

Can someone throw some light on this for me I was looking through a
library on our test box and noticed loads of files with a 001/2/3 etc
suffix and 'Old name for.....' in the text. Now I looked on the production
box and these do not exist in the library there. I did a restore a week or
so ago to the test box so is it something to do with that? I always put
'*ALL' in the relevant places (allow object differences, etc.) when
completely refreshing libraries like that on the test machine.

In all my years I have never noticed this phenomenon before.  Is it a
setting somewhere that I know not of?

Best regards

Steve Raby
GEP Contractor (Mulix)