You know how an AS/400 has that "other" serial number - the one printed on the
box it comes in, and I think maybe even on software orders, too? I think it is
the number that had meaning to IBM's manufacturing process, probably even
before the system was assigned the serial number that I know the machine by,
the one in QSRLNBR?

Does anybody know how to find out what that "other" number is? Is there a way
to find it on the physical machine or via software? If I was to call IBM and
ask them, does anybody know what the proper term is for the number I'm talking
about?

Thanks,
-Marty